PRODUCT CERTIFICATION: COMPLEX PROBLEMS THAT REQUIRE PROFESSIONAL SOLUTIONS
Product certification is TIBER’s profile service. Obtaining explosion-proof certification for industrial equipment and products requires not only in-depth knowledge of every detail of the standardization and certification procedure, but alsosufficient relevant experience.
Continuous professional development coupled with successful implementation of complex projects enables our employees to provide the following services.
- Testing explosion-proof equipment (test protocols are produced as a result)
- Appraising the current condition of industrial premises (certificate of appraisal)
- Confirming conformance of explosion-proof equipment to corresponding requirements, assessing conformance to explosion-proof requirements and identifying violations (the result is an EX certificate issued or a decision not to issue an Ex-certificate (for explosion-protection)).
Special mention should be made of decoding EX certifications. That is to say we help our clients to understand what the Ex certification really means (explosion-proof categories, explosion-proof levels of electrical equipment, types of explosion proofing, implementations of explosion-proof solutions, whether or not the equipment in question was certified as an ex component). This service is in great demand among purchasing managers tasked with purchasing explosion-proof equipment.
How does it work?
To obtain an Ex-certificate company must first submit an application along with required technical and incorporation documents.
The certification process consists of six key stages.
- The applicant submits to the certification authority an application to obtain a certificate for specific products and accompanying technical documentation (specifications, operating manual, drawings on which explosion proofing elements are pointed out, a document (an explosion-proof certificate, technical explosion-proof certificate, explosion-proof equipment ID) which describes why the explosion-proof capability is implemented (Ex explosion-proof, explosion-proof of production equipment));
- The application is reviewed, and a decision is made by the certification authority on which laboratory the tests will be carried out at, on the approximate date of l onsite checking of the production premises, which standards (GOST) are applied on a voluntary basis toensure adherence to TR TS 012/2011);
- The certification authority takes samples to run tests on;
- Tests on the samples are run by an accredited testing laboratory;
- The certification authority audits the industrial premises;
- The certification authority summarizes the test results and the findings of the audit of the industrial premises and issues a certificate of conformance;
- Appropriate explosion proof labels are issued for certified products;
- Certified products are audited on a regular basis
The type of certification most frequently required is certification for conformance to TR TS 012/2011 (explosion-proof) for electric motors, gas analyzers, various sensors, consumption meters, etc.
To find out more about our services contact our specialists right now.